The arrival of 5G is automatic and free, although if you cannot connect to it, we will explain how to do it
If you are a Digi mobile customer, you can now navigate to 5G. The operator has officially included the new network, despite the fact that they began testing with customers at the end of last year. This means that you will navigate to greater speed and with more stability and efficiency. Do you need to do something to connect to 5G? Not at the beginning, Your arrival is automatic and freebut you may have to change your mobile settings.
The advantages of Digi 5G
5G is not only much faster than 4G, but offers other advantages, according to the Digi blog. These are all:
- More speed: 5G speed is up to 10 times faster than 4G
- Lower latency: Latency represents the stability of your connection. The higher the latency, the less stability, since they are inverse values. Luckily, 5G has less latency than 4G
- Better connection: The 5G network supports a greater number of devices connected simultaneously, which translates into a more stable connection.
- More efficient: Energy consumption in 5G is lower than in 4G, meaning it is also less harmful to the environment.
How to connect to Digi 5G
Clients do not have to pay more for it or carry out any administration. Under normal conditions, a Digi mobile customer living in an area with 5G would simply connect to this network automatically, without having to do anything. However, You may not have 5G selected as the network to connect to from your mobilesomething that is simply solved.
To connect to 5G you only need to be in an area with 5G and have a mobile phone capable of establishing a connection with said network, with it selected. To find out which areas have 5G, you can use the Movistar coverage map, which is the operator that provides Digi with its network. While for the second, we will show you how to select this network, whether you have Android or iPhone.
Connecting to 5G in both operating systems is very simple, but on iPhone everything is more homogeneous. On Android the name of the menus varies slightly depending on the brand and model of mobile phone, although it is very similar in all of them; while, on iPhone the name of the menus is identical. All Apple phones have 5G since the 12th, this one included.
Android: how to connect to 5G
- Opens Settings
- Choose Connections
- Go into SIM card / Mobile networks / Wi-Fi and network
- Select the SIM What do you have active?
- Go into Network Mode/Preferred Network Type
- Choose 5G / 4G /3G / 2G
- Tap on Prefer 5G
iPhone: how to connect to 5G
- Opens Settings
- Choose Mobile data
- Go into Options
- Go into Voice and data
- Choose 5G activated (better than automatic 5G)
To always be up to date with the latest in technology, subscribe to our official and verified Andro4all channel on WhatsApp.