Are you tired of always hearing the same notification sounds on your iPhone? With the arrival of iOS 17.2 Apple has incorporated new sounds for notifications on the iPhone, below we explain how you can access them and personalize your notifications.
Before this update, in previous versions of iOS, Apple offered users the option to select ringtones and text tones, as well as custom alert sounds for emails, calendars, and reminders. However, every other notification used a default sound, with no ability to change it. Well, thanks to iOS 17.2 this has changed forever and now we will have much more freedom when it comes to customizing the sound of notifications on the iPhone.
How to customize notification sound in iOS 17.2?
Ready to put a personal touch on the way your iPhone notifies you of all your messages and social media content? Follow these steps to achieve it:
- Open the application Settings on the iPhone.
- Tap the option Sounds and vibrations.
- Select the option of Default notices.
- Choose a new sound for your notification tone. You can explore the Apple’s own optionsbuy additional shades in the Ringtone Storeor even opt for no sound option”none” if you prefer total discretion.
Once you’ve selected the perfect sound for your notifications, you can also customize the haptic vibration that accompanies it. To do this, tap the option vibration and choose from predefined vibrations, you can also create your own unique vibration with the Create New Vibration featureor select “none” if you don’t want your iPhone to vibrate specifically when you receive notifications.
Greater customization capacity in iOS 17.2
After you set up notifications, any notification sound that uses the default alert tone will use the sound you selected. If at any point you decide you miss Apple’s original, classic ringtone, known as “rebound,” and want to revert the changes, simply follow the same steps to return to the default settings.
This is how iOS 17.2 allows us to customize the default notification sounds on the iPhone. So, if you feel like giving a more personal and different touch to your iPhone, explore the options available in iOS 17.2.
Other news in iOS 17.2
- New Diary app: This application allows us to reflect on our day through text, images, video, location, music, etc. Its main function is to serve users as a digital newspaper.
- 3D video recording: This feature is exclusive for iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max users. Enables 3D spatial video recording for the Apple Vision Pro.
- Simultaneous translation with the Action Button: It is also available only for owners of an iPhone 15 Pro or iPhone 15 Pro Max and allows the activation of instant voice translation by pressing the action button.
- Reactions in Messages (iMessage): introduces the ability to express emotions quickly through reactions to messages.
- Four new widgets: Some widgets are also updated, specifically three weather-related widgets and a new clock widget in digital format.