In this guide I explain the steps to recover access to your Facebook account if you don’t remember the password.
In this guide I am going to explain to you what steps you must follow to recover your Facebook account password. You are interested in knowing what I explain here if you cannot access your profile because you do not remember the passwords you used to use. To complement this publication, I recommend taking a look at other related articles, such as the one in which we talked about why Facebook won’t let you access your account or how to know if you have been blocked on Facebook.
Without a doubt, both questions are closely related to what I show you here, namely, what procedure to follow in case you can’t enter Facebook because you have forgotten the password. Do not miss it!
- Recover Facebook password from your mobile
- Can I do the same from the computer?
Recover Facebook password from your mobile
In most cases, the mobile phone is the device that users use to access their social profiles. Therefore, in this guide I am going to explain how reset your Facebook password from its Android application. If you want to do it from an iPhone, you should know that the steps are practically the same. And, in case you plan to reset your account from a PC, consult the next section of this guide.
Once you have the Facebook application installed on your mobile, do the following:
- On the Facebook login screen, tap Have you forgotten the password?
- Introduce your mobile number.
- If you do not have a mobile phone associated with the account or do not know which one it is, tap Search by email.
- Once you have located your account with one of these two pieces of information, Facebook will send you a code, either by email or SMS.
- Enter the security code.
- Tap on Change Password.
- Generate a new password to start using it from now on.
Once you have set up a new password, you must use it to access your account. Likewise, I recommend that you take into account these suggestions to create a strong and secure password, but one that you don’t forget easily:
- Includes a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Take the opportunity to put numbers.
- Replace letters with numbers, such as A for 4 or O for 0.
- Use special characters, whenever they are supported.
- Enter a password of significant length, with more than 12 characters.
- Avoid normal words. Instead, use terms that only you know, like your partner’s nickname for you.
- Do not include very obvious and easy-to-find personal information, such as name, date of birth. On the contrary, enter data that only you know and that you are unlikely to forget.
- Don’t enter obvious patterns, like 123456. Also don’t enter logical keyboard sequences, like asdf or qwerty.
- Change your password regularly.
- Don’t take advantage of passwords from other services.
Can I do the same from the computer?
And so much. Recovering your Facebook password from your computer is just as easy. In fact, the steps that we have mentioned in the previous section they are the same that you should follow in the web version of this social network.
As seen in the previous image, just click on the link Have you forgotten the password? to begin the recovery process.
To always be up to date with the latest in technology, subscribe to our official and verified Andro4all channel on WhatsApp.